Sen. Panfilo Lacson on Friday said his team has so far identified 32 allegedly anomalous flood control projects in Taguig City, as he renewed his call for accountability over the issue.
“Impunity has its own limits. Maybe it’s time for justice and accountability to take over,” Lacson said in a statement, noting that the number of what he described as “grossly anomalous flood control projects” in the Taguig side of Laguna Lake continues to rise.
He alleged that illegal reclamation activities, which he linked to the Cayetano political family, had been carried out for years under the guise of flood control and mitigation projects.
Lacson cited a “24 Oras” report stating that the investigation into the projects began in late 2025 after authorities found that the Taguig City government allegedly failed to coordinate with concerned agencies and comply with required procedures.
The report said the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) had flagged the projects as early as October 2025, saying they did not help address flooding.
Among the projects identified were a PHP94-million flood control project in Barangay Lower Bicutan implemented by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), a PHP49.9-million multipurpose building at the Lakeshore Complex reclamation site, a PHP94-million Laguna Lakeshore improvement project, and two flood mitigation rehabilitation projects worth about PHP141.8 million each at Phases 4 and 5.
According to the report, Laguna Lake Development Authority (LLDA) General Manager Leopoldo Parumog said the Taguig City government did not coordinate with the agency before implementing the projects, noting that public consultations and the required permits and clearances are prerequisites for construction within the lake area.
Lacson also recalled that officials of the Philippine Reclamation Authority (PRA) told him earlier this week that former Senate president Alan Peter Cayetano allegedly harassed agency officials during the November 2025 plenary deliberations on the Office of the President’s (OP) proposed 2026 budget.
“That’s why Cayetano harassed the PRA officials during the November 2025 budget plenary deliberations of the Office of the President, PRA being under the OP. That’s as revealed to us by the PRA officials when we met with them early this week,” he said.
Cayetano earlier denied that there were ghost flood control projects in Taguig City and dared Lacson to probe other cities, and not single out Taguig because of their feud.
The feud started in May during the leadership struggle in the Senate, when Cayetano led a successful move to replace the sitting Senate leadership and became Senate president. Lacson was among those who heavily criticized Cayetano’s move. (PNA)

